Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Shelter from the Norm ..

One by one the children came
One by one we went insane
Catching fleeting glimpses of shelter
Under the driving rain
Hope in eachothers eyes
As the earth runs dry and bleeds
Concrete hides the fractures
Beneath waking feet -
All we need,
Is each other

My sisters, my brothers
Exploring the open road
We were not meant to be tools
Of the ever-rising machine
But to make our own
And save the earth
As they burn her down
And leave her out to dry

How high, how high
Can we pretend to fly
When it's just us two
Making a mix to pass the time
As we explore the infinite possibilities
Of the human mind
It's not too late, it's never too late
Just us two
Come take my hand
It's time to make a stand..


They sit high up on their pedestals
Strung up on fancy degrees and a term for everything
Content in the warmth of television and the morning newspaper
In the knowledge of experts and their own weakened brains
So what do you do
Where did you go to college
All the placid faces
Going their placid ways
If you can ignore me I can learn to ignore you
Get outta my face.


Sitting here all alone,
With my confusion and my blackness
Trying to carve my own road
Through their pathways to hell
I failed I failed
Yes i did
Time to admit it, kid
Theres no way out
No place left to go

So follow that white line,
Snort it if you must
But keep in line
Keep in line
And thing's will be fine
No more busting through
No more fighting for truth
No more trying to be a hero
Just going with the flow
As we all head straight to the flood ...
No place else left to go
No place else left to go ...

Keeping my words all to myself
Lost all faith
In the power of anything
All but music and dance
Leave the rest to chance
And we all know she's a bitch.
What to do?
Stranded all alone,
With no place left to go..
Deeper in my head
It's all been done and said..



You taught me to feel,
Taught me to heal,
To see the calm through the turbid waters,
To hear the music through the noise
To carry on in darkness
To find hope in the unlikeliest of corners
And then you left me
And I did all of that,
And all it did,
Was remind me how much I needed you,
To carry on any further..

I lay down my arms,
At the feet of the Goddess,
I have no more strength
I am dissolving myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home